Sunday 7 September 2014

Lindy's Stamp Gang September Challenge and Scraps of Darkness Scraps of Elegance Inspiration Board




Embossing Powder - Spray
Hyacinth Blue Green - Danny Zuko's Denim
Silver Moon Mistletoe - Gag Me With A Spoon Gray
Desert Moon Cooper Teal - Fuzzy Navel Peach
Madonna Robe Blue - Ocean Breeze Blue

Cleopatra's Copper - Cowabunga Copper


Other Supplies:
Chocolate Baroque Mackintosh Beauty Stamp
Chocolate Baroque Mackintosh Sentiments Unmounted Clear Cling Stamps
Sue Wilson Dies Finishing Touches Collection - Classic Roses
Sue Wilson Cascading Hearts A4 Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Decorative Labels 28
Creative Expressions Pearly Head Pins
Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Copper
Prima Finnabair 12x12 Butterfly Stencil
Centura Pearl A4 Cardstock in White Gold, Chocolate Brown and Navy.
Copic Marker Pinkish White
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Trellis Framework Die
Tim Holtz Mirrored Sheets

How I Did This

It's a little hard to see but on the shimmery side of the Centura Pearl Snow White Cardstock I cut it down to 71/2" x 71/2" and put the Prima Elementals Finnabair Stencil Butterfly on top and sprayed with the LSG Ocean Breeze Blue and let it sit and remvove the stencil and dried it thoroughly with my heat tool.
When completely dry I sprayed the whole thing with the Same Spray lightly and then dried it again thouroughly.  I loved how it looked and I stamped the Chocolate Baroque Mackintosh Sentiments Stamp 'Happy Birthday' on the lower Left Side and then embossed it with the Sue Wilson Cascading Hearts Embossing folder and then put it to the side.

On another Centura Snow White Cardstock and I Stamped the Chocolate Baroque Mackintosh Beauty on the reverse of the cardstock which is fantastic for colouring and painting and inking!  I embossed the image with the fabulous Silver Moon Mistletoe and when cool I started the fun fun stuff!!



I have all the sprays and powders but not the magicals and I really wanted to color in the image so I gave it a little go.  I colored the skin areas with Copic Marker 'Pinkish White'

I opened all the bottles and dipped my fine paintbrush into the bottle itself.

I used the Gag Me With A Spoon Grey for her hair.  I painted all the flowers with the Ocean Breeze Blue.  I did the ribbon in Fuzzy Naval Peach.  I did the dress in the Cowabunga Copper and Fuzzy Naval Peach to accent here and there and the Danny Zuko Denim for the sleeve.

I let it dry naturally before I cut it out with the largest die from the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 28 and then used the TimHoltz Wild Honey Distress Ink Pad around the edge.
 To do the flowers and leaves I cut the White Centura Pearl Card into 3 strips and sprayed 1 with the Gag Me With A Spoon Gray, and Fuzzy Naval Peach dried them well and cut out 2 flower outline 2 of the detailed flower and 2 large/extra large and 2 small leaves and applied as seen the peach with the gray detailed flower pinched the petals for dimension and then put the bottom part in reverse and glued them in place.  I put the leaves where I wanted and then put it all to the left of the stamped image.


For the band that goes across and under the die cut spellbinders piece I cut out 3 Frameworks Trellis from Tim Holtz. 2 in plain cardstock and one in the Tim Holtz Mirror sheet.  Sometimes it's neccessary to put the mirror sheet through your Big Shot (just remember to change the piece you want cut around a little so it will cut more) because the sheets are quite thick.  On the 2 I cut from cardstock I inked them up with clear embossing and poured the Hyacinth Blue Jade Embossing Powder over it and heat embossed (I did this twice to ensue a thick and complete impression)

Then with the little pieces I applied glue and covered some with Gag Me With A Spoon Gray Glitter and others with the Cowabunga CopperGlitter  (which are both from the Totally 80's set) and 1 with the magicals powder itself of the Cowabunga Copper (it was an accident but I loved the look of that piece). I also used a some of the mirror sheet pieces.

Once I was happy with where I wanted to place the focal point raised up slightly with double sided foam adhesive pads on the embossed cardstock I glued the Trellis piece and then put everything together.  I layered it all and rounded the corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper Deco/Stub and I used the Viva Decor Pearl Pen to create dots all around the edge (it was the 1st time I did this and they are by no means perfect I'm afraid!).


To Finish I layered the piece to Brown and then Navy Centura Pearl cardstock.

Let me know what you think of this.

Hugs for everyone!



8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty project! Thank you for joining the LSG September color challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful texture! Thank you for joining LSG September Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully! thanks for joining LSG September Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful!!! Thanks for playing with us at Lindy'sStampGang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the little details of your creation wow. was just wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cute card ! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lindy's Stamp Gang colour challenge. Love, Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet!! Thank you for playing with us at Lindy's Stamp Gang Color challenge!!

    ReplyDelete