Monday 11 August 2014

Scraps of Elegance July Inspiration Board Challenge


For July Melinda decided that an inspiration board would be the challenge for this month rather than the usual sketch for Scraps of Elegance






You can find the kit listed here and a description of all the products used.


Other Supplies Used

Elizabeth Craft Designs Silk Glitter
PaperArtsy Grunge Paste
Golden Extra Heavy Gel Medium (matte)
Tim Holtz Dies Ornate Frames, Courtyard, Lattice
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain
Tim Holtz Stars
Inkssentials Crackle Accents
Inkssentials Glossy Accents
Cosmic Shimmer Hologram glitter
PaperArtsy 9" x 11" stencil
Prima Butterfly Stencil
Prima Resin Frames
Fabscraps Die cut shape (Forever and Always)
Lindy Stamp Gang Hydrangea Blue Mauve embossing powder

I used the IB panel 3 had different frames and I cut out 2 from the Sizzix Ornate frames and applied glossy accents.  I accented those with a Prima rsin heart frame and embossed it with LSG desert moon turquoise



The first IB panel is focussed on the phrase so I used this one from Fabscraps and embosses LSG embossing powder in 2 layers to build it up and give it a great shine
The butterfly on IB panel 4 is shown in a few ways. I used the Prima Butterfly stencil with Golden extra heavy paste and put fuchsia silks glitter on most of them and Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow on the rest.  I used the same colour on the board and put it in the glitter on the grunge paste on the circles.  I used the dark gray from the IB as my scrapbook page.  I used the reneabouquet butterfly as an accent.
On the last IB panel the little girl is wearing a crown of pink flowers which I put on the bottom right.  I also thought it looks aged so I used the clock charm to accent it.  I used the Prima Chalk pink through a paperartsy stencil.  I used the courtyard die to cut out all circles (like a crown)
I really hope Melinda keeps the IB panel because it works so much better than a sketch and most of us show much more than a sketch piece on the forum/community.

Tell me what you think

Hugs


No comments:

Post a Comment