Tuesday 8 October 2013

Clodagh's Confirmation Card

Hi Everyone,

I know that this year's Confirmation season is long since gone but I was looking over projects I had done but not posted when I found this one. 

Here in Ireland we take Communions and Confirmations very seriously and the cards given should reflect this.  Normally I would make something really outside of the box but this was a commission so I went with what Bridget wanted for her niece.  In this instance Bridget is very reverant and loves her faith and loves her church.  Her family are incredibly devout and the card represents that.

I started with beautiful White Centura Pearl Card from Crafter's Companion which I embossed with the Couture Creations Tied Together embossing folder and cut out a Memory Box Cathedral Window. 

I cut an Arch from Memory Box dies from a caught in crystal piece of acetate that I had made a few months earlier with my little girl.  I layered the pieces and it gave the effect of a wonderfully delicate stained glass window.

I mounted stuck it all together mounted on foam pads and then for a feminine look I added an Acetate Butterfly from Hunkydory and Swirls from Prima and spelled out Confirmation in silver peel offs letters.

I layered it with Silver Mirri Card and Attached it to a 8 x 8 card made with white Centura Pearl.

Finally I put Black Dazzlers from Creative Expressions to complete the whole thing.

I think that the Memory Box Window Dies are gorgeous and are fantastic for any sort of celebration card from weddings to Christmas.

That's all for now. Hope you have a great week.

Celina






No comments:

Post a Comment