Thursday 11 July 2013

Goth Girl's Goth Birthday card

Hi Fellow Crafty Artists!!

It's a card today for my little show and tell.


I was commissioned to make this for a 12 year old goth birthday card for a girl!!  Let me tell you what a challenge it was to come up with something not too risque but embraced her inner creative spirit.

I loved this card making process.  I found  what I was looking for on KennyK downloads.  I love the selection of digistamps that they have and their Gothic Angelz are so cool!!  I downloaded a few of the collection and decided that the best and least risque was 'Kitty Catastrophe'.  
Although the stamp shows a bare midriff I coloured it with my Copic Markers and made it look like a complete top in purples and blacks and I coloured in the fishnet stockings into striped stockings. I loved the whole biker grunge gorgeous girl it turned out to be.

Clodagh hated pink and so to make her a little softer I coloured the hair in very dark blue/black and purple streaked hair. I highlighted what seemed like ribbons to me in Sakura black glitter pen to highlight them.

For the background I printed off some crafters companion CD rom a tartan pattern in purple and black and cut two Scalloped Rectangles from Spellbinders and punched and inserted eyelets all the way down on both sides and threaded black cord for a laced up effect.  I used Black Soot and with my Splodgeaway blending mat distressed the piece to make it a more used and grungy look to fit in with the digi-stamp. 

I embossed some centura pearl black card with the Spellbinders Reverence M-Bossabilaties folder and matt and layered it with Purple Centura Pearl Card and Black to finish. 
I cut out the Digi-stamp with Spellbinders Label 25 (I think?), and while it was in the die I distressed it around the edge with Distress Ink 'Dusty Concord'. When I Took it out of the die I noticed it was slightly smudged so I used a quick dry glue pen around the edge and applied black glitter to it.

I stamped a Creative Expressions Sentiment on black card with Versamark Frost ink pad and embossed with white powder from Cosmic Shimmer. I cut it out with Spellbinders Fleur de Lis and attached it the the upper right side. I applies 4 small Lavender Dazzlers. 

On the Right side of the card I applied the laced-up tartan and tied a bow with Kanban web mesh which I had died black and allowed to dry overnight. Do not try to use a heat gun to speed it up as it will burn and melt. Ilearned tha the hard way LOL!!


I put a matching Large Dazzler on top.  On the Left I affixed the Digistamp and voila! a card was made.  I love the way it turned out!!

Hugs
Celina XX

No comments:

Post a Comment