Wednesday 3 July 2013

Altered Photo Frame Gift

Thank you Ms Caffrey!!!


My daughter started her summer holidays on Friday. Saoirse positively blossomed in her care and as we are told not to buy gifts, I made one instead LOL.


I must admit I was delighted with the results!!
But first let me tell you a little about Saoirse's amazing teacher who inspired me to create.  I don't know Miss Caffrey on a personal level as is right I think. Saoirse thought the Sun, moon and stars shone because of her.
She cares about the children in her care. She is patient, supportive and inventive in her different attempts to educate the girls to the best of her ability.  She worked with me and educated me in the best way to bring on her reading and writing and sums.  I felt like I was part of a team. Because of this Saoirse caught up with her classes in everything.  So much so that she got a certificate for being the best at writing.  Amazing.
Saoirse struggled because she got a teacher last year that was the antithesis Ms Caffrey.  I know that from now on I'll compare all of her subsequent teachers to her.

Ms Caffrey strikes me as someone who is feminine without being too girly, and elegant but strong and confident.  

I could work with that I thought, and as we are not allowed to buy gifts for the teacher, I'd make one instead.

This is what I came up with!!


I had a great time creating this. 

I pasted Kaisercraft cardstock to the whole frame and let it dry. Then using a Prima stencil I applied pearlesent past and let it dry.  


Once I liked the overall effect and then started on the focal points.  I used Spellbinders LF-013 Jewel Goddess dies to cut out 2 small and 2 large forms in Chipboard and Kaisercraft cardstock. I glued the layers together and once dry I cut out 1 small and 1 large double-sided adhesive sheets and then poured Creative Expressions Medium Glass Beads.


I inked up Prima resist flourishes in Ranger Stream inkpad and applied a metal flower and Dazzler on the larger Goddess and the smaller flourish and wooden butterfly from Prima and a crystal to finish.

Finally I added a lot of flowers and embellishments from Prima to the opposite corners and found the Bulb Trinket embellishments which best described Ms Caffrey in my mind Inspire and Love.


It is very easy to crush a child's spirit but a truly gifted teacher shows how to make her soul to soar with gentle but firm affirmations and encouragement. 

That's all for now.
Tell me what you think, if you can please.

Hugs
Celina xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment