Friday 27 June 2014

Kathy Orta Organizer with SOE Bo Bunny Papers!

I started out with the idea of making this Organizer following Kathy's tutorial videos and she made it so fast (seemingly) but OMG was it a real trial for me LOL!! 
 



 


 Back                           Side



















It's a gift for Saoirse's teacher because she and the school have been amazing since Saoirse has been dealing with her serious eye problem.  Ms Hackett and the entire staff of the Our Lady's of Mercy Primary School here in Waterford City Ireland have been fantastic and really are the ideal for what teachers and school should be.  We are planning to move to the UK in the next few months and I'm going and I wanted to show them how much I appreciate everything they did for her.



Thank you all.


You can find a video here about what I did and to show how it looks


This is my very first Youtube Video!!

http://youtu.be/ObSNe3OO2GE
It's amazing how well she is handling everything and it just goes to show how resilient children are no matter how difficult things are for them.  I am so so proud to be her mother! :) <3 even when she is being a brat or won't go to bed LOL!!




Anyway as she had lost over 50% vision in her left eye so suddenly the school bent over backwards for her and us.  Ms Hackett and her Principal Mrs Brick did everything that they could to make sure Saoirse didn't fall behind because of being off sick for so long.  Their support really blew us both away.  I must admit when we went to the school initially, to inform them about what was happening last September that I will say I cried a little because they made us really feel we weren't alone during this difficult time.  Because Ms Hackett worked with us Saoirse didn't get lost in her work or feel too different from her friends. This was so important for a 7 year old.

I wanted to do something special for Ms Hackett and because we can't buy anything, I made this instead, and, it took much, much, longer than I thought.  I just wanted to get it right!  School finishes tomorrow

































I'm not going to say how I did it (it's against the rules) you have to get it from Kathy's site or Youtube.







Supplies

Bo Bunny Primrose Collection (Scraps of Elegance April)
Bo Bunny Primrose Ephemera
Creative Expressions Self Adhesive Black Pearl Swirl
Fab Scraps Oriental Catch Embellishment (Scrapadapadoo)
Prima Resin Butterfly
Paper Accents Brown, Beige, Green, Deep Pink Cardstock 12 x 12 (Scrapadapadoo)
Prima Free Spirit Paperclips
Prima Cartographer Paperclips
Prima Free Spirit Silver Clips
Prima Free Spirit Brads
Prima Seashore Brads
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads Picked Raspberry, Mowed Meadow, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany.
Miracle Tape 3/8"
Scor-Tape 1/4" and 6" and 1/2"
Scotch Quick Dry Glue
Scotch ATG Gun
Beacon Quick Dry Superglue
12 x 12 Chipboard
Buttercream 1mm Kumihimo Cord
We R Memory Keepers Corner Punch (Green) Deco/Stub

I really hope you like and comment on this post.

((Hugs))

Celina

1 comment:

  1. It turned out Georgeous Celina :-)
    It's great to hear Saoirse is doing so well, and it makes such a difference to have such wonderful teachers :-)
    Best of luck with the move.
    Hugs,
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete