Sunday 25 May 2014

SOD Stationers Desk Large Tag May 2014 Facebook Challenge

I saw a post on Facebook about making something using a dressform (Tim Holtz die I believe) and if you didn't have the right die anything would be really ok as an alternative.

I'd made this tag which actually started off as a bookmark, magetized and everything, then it morphed into something else as these things always end up doing (everyone can relate right? :) )


  • 5 double sided papers from Prima's Stationer's Desk Collection
  • 5 double sided papers from Prima's Cartographer Collection
  • Prima: Stationer's Desk Collection - Pencil Flowers
  • Prims :Everyday Vintage Paintables 
  • Prima: Cartographer - Type Keys Clips
  • Prima: Ingvild Bolme - Mannequins
  • Ranger: Liquid Pearls - Copper
  • 1 Floral Bronze Metal Embellishment
  • Martha Stewart Circle Edge Punch Cartridge - Flower Arches (my stash)
  • DIY 3 x 4 Chalkboard Sheet (my stash)
  • Prima Stationers Desk - Tag Me - Ticket and Tag Set
  • Small Office Hinge Clip (my stash)
  • Tim Holtz Distress inks  Weathered Wood, Red Brick, Frayed Burlap, Old Paper (my stash)
  • Creative Impressions - Antique Ruler Twill Ribbon   


As you can all see, Melinda really delivered on a kit (I've said this a few times already I know!! LOL) that is so versatile.

I already had this made so I knew I would be able to post it in by the deadline.  I not sure if I like how it turned out.  I used everything except the chalkboard which, can be swapped for something else as the brass flower is actually adhered to an office hinge clip that I had in my stash.

I started off using a size #10 tag I believe and used the Stationer's Desk Red Romance and cut the paper down to size and distressed it by wetting it slightly and crumpling it up over and over and then ripped into the edges and opened it out and glued it to the tag.  Then I inked the edges with the Tim Holtz Distress ink (LOVE LOVE LOVE his genius!!!!) and put the twill ribbon under the cardstock and then inked that with some frayed burlap ink to age it too.

I put the wonderful big flowers bottom left and upper right that came in the kit and only stuck the bottom half and upper right of the flowers to the paper so the Paintables which I coloured with my distress markers Red Brick and Pine Needles a little.  Then I put the coloured image between the flowers and then used the Type Keys Clips and Stationers Desk Tags and Tickets and placed them around the paintables. Then I used the Martha Stewart French Scroll Punch with some of the Red Ink cardstock and applied it between the tag and red cardstock.  Used some Weathered Wood Ink to the edges of the punched out cardstock.  I put the mannequin piece from the kit on the top left and then thought it only looked ok.  Certainly not the best thing I've ever done and left it alone to wait for inspiration.

Later I realised that I needed to make another layer and see what would happen (I'm not a tag making sort of person.  It's a real crap-shoot how it turns out! (& no I've never played craps but I have seen Guys and Dolls loads of times and like the song 'Luck be a Lady Tonight') I love that movie!! :)

I used the Cartographer Faire un Voyage and used the Martha Stewart Flower Arches Cartridge and cut an 8" circle and then inked the edges with Frayed Burlap and Folded half to the front and glued the back.  I put tiny little dots of the Perfect Pearls Copper strategically as accents and then using the packaging from the Tickets and Tags and Used the WRMK Deco corner chomper punch side and then inked the edges and stuck on to the front of the circle.

Then I got the the Brass Flower and glued it to a small Hinge clip and Glued it to the top of the Deco cut piece and finally I got to finish it up using another piece of the resin corset and put that on the lower left and used some more of the tags and type keys to complete it.  After it was all done I used white chalk and scribbled it over the 3x4 chalkboard and then wrote Dress up time!!!  Fun Fun Fun

Hugs for Everyone

Celina

No comments:

Post a Comment